The Michelle McGann Fund is aware of the great need in the country in general for diabetes financial assistance, increased education and lifestyle support program. We’ve made every attempt to streamline the application process to make it as easy as possible for individuals to apply and for large organizations to source necessary resources. At the same time, the application process is also designed to help us get to know you, the applicant, and conduct judicious consideration of all applications before distributing funds.
We encourage you to become familiar with the process before applying. Here are the necessary steps to follow:
- Get to know The Michelle McGann Fund’s history and mission and purpose.
- Review the grant application guidelines.
- Know the deadlines and procedures.
- Read the conditions.
- Submit your grant application.
The 2018 Application deadline is August 15, 2017. All applications must be postmarked by that date in order to be included in funding consideration. Following the application deadlines and procedures to the letter ensures that your application will be included in the next round of consideration. Excluding information delays your application.
We will notify applicants of award status for funding that begins in 2018.
- Annual grants. Individual, one-time grant awards are also made throughout the year. These applicants may submit a grant application at any time of the year.
- One-time grants. We regularly review one-time applications during quarterly board meetings.
The grant committee makes final determinations involving all grant requests and award decisions.
What we fund
We award grants to individuals and their families in need of:
- Medical supplies.
- Medical equipment.
- Support programs.
- Education programs.
- Educational materials.
- Awareness programs.
We also award grants to these types of organizations:
- Health care organizations.
- Nutrition centers.
- Educational organizations.
- Support organizations.
- And more.
What we don’t fund
The Michelle McGann Fund’s mission is to empower innovative solutions for diabetes education, awareness and support. Organizations seeking funds for diabetes research should not apply for a grant from The Michelle McGann Fund. We are happy to suggest reputable organizations should you desire to specifically support diabetes research.